My Kitchen Rules judge Manu Feildel will head to Europe at the end of May to film two more episodes of his TV series My France With Manu.
The initial two-part series was used as a Sunday night filler by the Seven Network to cover for My Kitchen Rules and both episodes made the top 10 most watched shows.
The launch episode on April 6, which only aired in three of the five capital cities, attracted 813,000 viewers and the following week My France With Manu had an audience of 1.061 million.
Feildel left France when he was 18-years-old to concentrate one being a world class chef.
The series centred on Feildel returning to his homeland and reconnecting with friends, catching up with family and, of course, cooking.
He said his ambition is to develop the series to take in more countries to show Australians some of the hidden treasures Europe has to offer.
“I am going again at the end of May for another two episodes of My France,” Feildel told AAP.
“I hope it’s a small thing that is going to become bigger.
“I’d like to do France and the rest of Europe.”
Feildel has time for side projects after his media obligations for My Kitchen Rules came to an end when the series finished on Tuesday night.
A sixth season of MKR is pre-production with producers hunting for contestants.
Feildel says he is proud of the series and its success, which won a Logie for Most Popular Reality Program on Sunday night.
“It’s been a good run and last year we were happy but this year has been even bigger,” Feildel said.
“We worked very hard at it and it paid off.”
Feildel has even replicated some of the contestants’ jaw-dropping dishes in his own French restaurant Le Grand Cirque in South Yarra.
“We’ve done different dishes that we’ve seen on the show…the bone marrow and escargot snails are working very well.”